Transfer images at the touch of a button, renaming and storing them with file and directory names you choose.
Some of the exciting features in this picture downloader and
digital photo organizer:
- Flexible renaming of images and download directory.
Use the shooting data stored in the image (e.g. image capture
time, camera model and ISO) to specify the download directory
and image filename. Download the images to where you want -
no more inconvenient folder names dictated by your camera:
NeatImage users can use the ISO value to download images into separate directories according to the ISO value making it much easier to apply custom noise profiles to batches of images.
- Automatic geo-tagging of images as they are downloaded by reading GPS data from devices such as the Sony GPS-CS1 tracker and storing latitude and longitude positional information in the shooting data of the image. Supports track logs from a wide range of GPS devices using the two main GPS track log standards: GPX and NMEA
- Automatic lossless rotation of JPEGs from
cameras with orientation sensors so that images are displayed
the right way up in your image browser and editor.
- Automatic editing of IPTC/XMP data in Nikon NEF,
Canon raw (CR2, CRW and TIF), TIFF and JPEG images. Use this feature
to store copyright information and other information such as
location data in your images right at the start of your workflow.
IPTC templates can be prepared in advance and saved to disk
for later use.
- Full integration with BreezeBrowser Pro. Downloader Pro can run BreezeBrowser Pro or be started from BreezeBrowser Pro.
- Automatic tagging of JPEGs with color profiles
according to camera model. Many cameras can store images using
different color spaces (e.g. sRGB or Adobe RGB) but they do
not embed a color profile in the image. Downloader Pro can automatically
embed a color profile in JPEGs as they are downloaded. If you
use more than one camera you can specify different color profiles
for different camera models.
- Automatic adjustment of dpi settings of JPEGs as
they are downloaded. Most cameras set the JPEG resolution to
a low setting like 180 dpi which is inconvenient and confusing
when using image editors like Adobe Photoshop. These editors
use the dpi setting to determine the print size of images (size in pixels / dpi = size in inches). Downloader Pro can automatically
adjust the JPEG dpi to your preferred value (e.g. 300 dpi) as
the images are downloaded.
- Flexible renaming to organize images already
downloaded to your PC. Simply specify the source folder and
use Downloader Pro to copy the images to a new location.
- Download images from different cameras to different folders using tokens to specify camera model
- Support for portable hard drives that copy
your memory cards e.g. Delkin PicturePad, NixVue Vista, ImageBank
etc. These devices are great for storing pictures when you are
away from home and don’t want to take a laptop, but they
can cause problems later. Every time you insert a memory card
in these devices they take a complete copy of the card and so
it is very easy to end up with duplicate images. Also digital
cameras often create several folders of images on a memory card
resulting in a vast number of folders to sift through when you
get home. Downloader Pro can help with both problems: firstly
by identifying duplicate images and only downloading each different
image once and secondly by allowing you to specify the download
path using the shooting data e.g. image capture date.
- Download directly from Canon EOS digital cameras: Canon EOS-1D C, 1D X, 1D Mark IV, 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark III, 5DS R, 5DS, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 7D Mark II, 7D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 100D/Rebel SL1, 1200D/Rebel T5, 1100D/Rebel T3, 1000D/Rebel XS, 760D/Rebel T6s, 750D/Rebel T6i, 700D/Rebel T5i, 650D/Rebel T4i, 600D/Rebel T3i, 550D/Rebel T2i, 500D/Rebel T1i, 450D/Rebel XSi or 400D/Rebel XTi. Also from many Canon PowerShot cameras including the PowerShot Pro1, G6, S2 IS, S70, S80, A520 and the Digital IXUS series.
- Backup plug-in to protect your images by making up to two backup copies of each images as it is downloaded.
The backup plug-in now includes an option to backup all files, JPEGs only or non-JPEGs only. Ideal for professionals shooting raw+JPEG who want to copy JPEGs to a separate location for their client and keep the raw files for postprocessing.
- DNG Converter plug-in to automatically convert raw files to Adobe's DNG format (requires Adobe's free DNG Converter).
The DNG converter plug-in supports the compatibility options in Adobe's latest DNG converter. This allows raw files from the latest cameras to be converted to DNG files which are compatible with older versions of Photoshop and Lightroom removing the need to upgrade these just to support new cameras
- Automatically synchronize the clock of your Canon camera with the clock on your PC. This makes it easy to ensure your camera is always set to the right time and avoid annoying problems like forgetting to change the clock when Daylight Saving Time ends. It can also be used to ensure the clocks on several cameras are all synchronized to the PC's time and date.
- Read sub-second timing from the shooting data when available making it possible to use the date and time to uniquely name images even when taking continuous sequences. Currently only Nikon digital SLRs store the sub-second timing in the shooting data.
- SDK (Software development kit) available
for developing plug-ins for Downloader Pro. Plug-ins run on
each image after it is downloaded and can be used to add extra
functionality e.g. creating backups of downloaded images on
a separate drive; calculating a secure checksum of images to
prove that they haven’t been modified at a later date.
These are just a few of the many features to be found in Downloader
Pro. For full details please see the online
help pages or better still, download
the trial version and see for yourself how how our picture downloader
will transform the way you handle your digital images.
File formats supported by Downloader Pro
- JPEGs and TIFFs from all digital cameras
- Raw files from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Fuji, Minolta, Pentax, Sony, Kodak, Sigma, Panasonic, Hasselblad, Leica and Mamiya digital cameras
- AVI, MOV, MPG, MP4 and MTS video files
- MPO 3D files
- Shooting data from all major formats including raw (not Sigma x3f) and JPEG
Downloader Pro supports any card reader or camera that is mounted as a Windows drive e.g. USB 1.1, USB 2.0, FireWire, PCMCIA and ImageBank Cardbus card readers, and portable hard drives such as Delkin PicturePad, NixVue Vista. It will also download directly from Canon EOS cameras and older Canon PowerShot cameras using the USB or FireWire interface. For best results we recommend using Downloader Pro with a USB
2.0 or FireWire card reader as this can be up to 20 times faster than downloading directly from the camera.
Home | Products
| Purchase | Download
| Support | Reviews
| About | News
© Copyright Breeze Systems 2015
Downloader Pro - Download, Organize, Rename Images Photos Canon,
Nikon, Fuji, Minolta, Olympus and Pentax Digital Cameras, Productivity
tool for Professional Digital Photographers, digital camera workflow tool