This is the second of two tutorials explaining how to email photo, GIF and video images from a touchscreen photo booth running DSLR Remote Pro.
This first tutorial Emailing images from DSLR Remote Pro Part 1 went through the basics
- Running the setup wizard to create your screens
- Setting up your email server settings
- Collecting email addresses
- Branding and personalizing emails
- Sharing GIFs, prints and MP4s
- Image quality vs sharing speed
Switch to Emailing images from DSLR Remote Pro Part 1
Emailing images from DSLR Remote Pro Part 2 focuses on efficient sharing at large and busy events, and reporting sharing statistics
- Sharing images in the background
- Running a separate sharing station
- Touch free sharing
- Sharing statistics
- Collecting email addresses and cell phone numbers in Hub
Efficient sharing at busy and large events
Keeping the line moving is a priority at busy and large events. Use one or more of the these ways to reduce queueing
- move sharing to the background so the next session can start while the last set of photos are still being shared
- add a separate sharing station
- use touch free QR code based sharing
Use Breeze Hub to share images in the background
Breeze Hub is a sharing tool which is free for all Breeze customers to use. Hub can send emails and texts sent from DSLR Remote Pro and Kiosk in the background.
Background sharing means there is no need to wait for images to upload before the next session. If your event internet is poor, Hub can send any remaining emails after the event.
To send your emails via Hub instead of directly from DSLR Remote Pro, adjust these settings in DSLR Remote Pro and Hub
In DSLR Remote Pro
- Check Offline email mode (or each email will be sent both from the photo booth app and Hub), and
- Check Save XML copy of email (this stores the information Hub needs to send the emails)
Check offline emails (1) then go to the Email Server Settings screen (2)
Check Save XML copy of email on the Email Server Settings screen to send emails via Hub (DSLR Remote Pro 3.15.5)
You don’t need to check Log email addresses to file in DSLR Remote Pro because Hub will log them automatically.
Change the Setup Wizard EmailOffline caption
If you are using Hub for sharing, it makes sense to change the EmailOffline caption used by the Setup Wizard
Changing the Setup Wizard email caption (EmailOffline) for emails sent through Hub
Alternatively you can replace the email_offline.jpg image in your PhotoboothImage folder.
- Uncheck Enable sync service (3) (unless Hub is also processing images from BreezeBooth for iPad)
- Hub will search the Base folder (4) and its subfolders for the XML copies of emails sent by guests. (For DSLR Remote Pro users this is usually your PhotoboothImages folder.) Set the Hub Base folder to the place you store output from the booth
- Remember to click OK to save your settings as you leave this screen and the Preferences screen.
- Emails shared by Hub use the email account details held in Hub so you will need to add your email account details to the program
- Close Hub to ensure these settings are saved for future use. When you are ready to start sending emails, restart Hub and click on Start emails (5)
Hub settings to share emails from DSLR Remote Pro and Kiosk
Can I run Hub on the same PC as my booth, or should I use a different machine?
Hub is a very efficient program which uses little power to send emails/texts. You can run it in the background on the same Windows device as your booth or sharing station. If you are running multiple booths and/or sharing stations, you may prefer to sync all the images to a single device (at the event or remotely in your office) and send all emails and texts from the same copy of Hub. Sharing and syncing event images
Run a sharing station on a separate tablet with Kiosk
Cut down time guests spend at the booth by sharing from Breeze Kiosk . Guests can enjoy browsing and sharing images without holding up the line at the booth.
Virtual graffitt and sharing
Offering virtual grafitti at a sharing station has several advantages
- Keeps the line moving and reduce queuing at the booth
- Guests can make, print and share different versions of each photo/print
- Original is still available to view, reprint and share
Decorating a print in Kiosk
Select and share several images
The Kiosk clipboard can be used to select and share several images in a single email.
Restrict guests to sharing their own images
At large events and those where GDPR or privacy is a concern, guests scan their unique QR code and display just their own images at the kiosk. More.
Touch free sharing
Another fast way to share emails and texts at large scale events is contactless sharing.
Touch free sharing from DSLR Remote Pro. More
Fast, accurate, touch free sharing station powered by Breeze Kiosk. Here a selection of photos is shared using the clipboard. More
QR code based sharing is lightening fast, encouraging all the members of a group to share each session by simply showing their phone to the camera.
Sharing data and other event statistics
The Statistics tool in Hub can display statistics of sessions and shares from your booths, including
- Total shares
- Shares by email and text
- Total number of sessions
- Breakdown of sessions by photo, GIF and video
- Busiest hour and day
- Summary data for last 30 days
Hub Statistics summary of Photo sessions and shares by email and text
Copy and paste data from the Hub statistics page into spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel to create graphs for corporate clients.
Copy and paste event statistics from Hub to a spreadsheet to create graphs for corporate clients.
Hub sharing log
Hub automatically logs the email addresses and cell phone numbers used for sharing. This data can also be copied and pasted into Excel and other spreadsheets.
Event Sharing log including email addresses and cell phone numbers used to share photos, burst GIFs and videos
This is the second tutorial about sharing emails from DSLR Remote Pro, and focussed on sharing emails at large and busy events, and collecting event statistics.
We have seen how Breeze Hub and a Breeze Kiosk powered sharing station can help reduce queueing. We covered background sharing, running a separate sharing station and QR code based touch free sharing.
© Breeze Systems March 2021