How to streamline the booth when printing is optional.
This tutorial explains how to print from the email sharing screen in Booth (DSLR + Windows) aka DSLR Remote Pro. This is a useful way to improve workflow when your guests choose whether to print and/or email their photos. You can also learn how to limit the number of prints, customize the text on the sharing screen and adjust the preview image.
We shall cover:
Run the setup wizard as usual. At Step 2,
(1) check Add print option in sharing screen, and uncheck Display print preview…
(2) check the boxes for Email photos and MMS/SMS sharing as required
Complete the wizard and the program will create a full set of screens for a working booth.
If you look in the PhotoboothImages folder, you will see the screen backgrounds. The sharing screen share.jpg has buttons to print and share photos:
DSLR Remote Pro includes the ability to create custom captions in the Setup Wizard.You can use this to adjust or remove the standard text
(3) You can limit the number of copies of each print requested from the sharing screen using Advanced Settings.
(4)Edit the message guests see if they try to print more copies than you allow on the same window:
When you print strips, portrait oriented layouts, and use custom screen designs you may need to move or resize the preview image to fit your screen.
There are two ways you can do this, both described below. ‘Drag and drop‘ is simpler to use. ‘Pixel counting‘ may be useful for precise alignment.
(1), (2) & (3) Go to the touch screen editor:
(4) Right click on the screen and select Share: share.jpg screen
(5) Click on the preview image and resize/move it to the correct position.
NB Try to keep the same aspect ratio as you adjust thepreview. If necessary you can correct this using the ‘counting pixel’ method below.
Right click to save your work as you leave this screen.
An alternative and precise method is to position the preview image using pixels.
(6) & (7) Go to the Output settings window
(8) Adjust the position/size values for the preview image on sharing.jpg
A combination of 4 boxes Left, Top, Width and Height position the preview image. If these all contain 0 (zero) the program will choose where to place the image. If you enter values,
Tip for advanced users: you can adjust the size of the preview by shrinking or expanding it. Do not try to crop or change the aspect ratio here. Use the email or MMS settings screen if you want to crop the preview. You can find more details in the online manual.
(9) Save your changes as you leave
You should now be able to
You can find more detailed informaiton in the online manual
© Breeze Systems 2020